The Beatles’ eponymous cartoon series celebrated its 50th anniversary on September 25. Rolling Stone‘s website posted a reflection on the series, giving readers their top five suggested episodes to catch. “The Beatles” stayed a trending news topic on Facebook throughout the day, with many people posting personal reflections and music websites writing their opinions on the show.
Albums, singles, and tours
- Bob Dylan is releasing another installment of his Bootleg Series called The Cutting Edge 1965-1966: The Bootleg Series Vol. 12 on November 6.
- Don Henley released a new country album called Cass County on September 25. Find it here on iTunes.
- On November 13, Electric Light Orchestra will release All Alone in the Universe, their first album since 2001. Check out the first single, “When I Was A Boy,” on NPR Music.
- Todd Rundgren will embark on a tour this winter, which will be his second tour this year. The tour will begin on December 1 and extend into 2016. See the full list of tour dates on Rundgren’s official website.
- September 21 – Don Felder of the Eagles (born in 1947)
- September 22 – David Coverdale of Deep Purple (born in 1951)
- September 23 – John Coltrane, musician (born in 1926), Ray Charles (1930), Ben E. King, singer and musician (1938), Steve Boone of the Lovin’ Spoonful (1943), Ron Bushy of Iron Butterfly (1945), Bruce Springsteen, singer and musician (1949)
- September 24 – Linda McCartney of Wings (born in 1941), Gerry Marsden of Gerry & the Pacemakers (1942)
- September 25 – Jesse “Sweet Joe” Russell of the Persuasions (born in 1939), Onnie McIntyre of Average White Band (1945)
- September 27 – Randy Bachman of the Guess Who (born in 1943)