Two weeks’ worth of the most important happenings… as told by social media:
1. A clip from the upcoming Beatles documentary It Was Fifty Years Ago Today! The Beatles: Sgt. Pepper & Beyond shows the band dealing with backlash from American radio DJs in 1966. The film will be released September 8 on DVD and on-demand.
2. A previously unheard studio version of the Cars’ “They Won’t See You” is available for streaming through Soundcloud. The song is one of many new tracks that will be released in the expanded remastered versions of Candy-O and Panorama.
3. Ringo Starr has released a new song off of his forthcoming album, Give More Love. “We’re On the Road Again” features Paul McCartney and Joe Walsh, and was co-written by Steve Lukather of Toto and the All-Starr Band.
4. Mick Jagger has released two new songs, complete with music videos. The first, “England Lost,” focuses on political commentary…
5. …and the second, “Gotta Get a Grip,” combines a dance groove with discussion of current events.
6. Meanwhile, on a new installment of “Ask Keith Richards,” Keith said that “it wouldn’t take a twist of the arm” to get back in the studio with the Rolling Stones to record another blues record.