The most important happenings… as told by social media:
1. Bruce Springsteen will head to Broadway this fall for an eight-week run at the Walter Kerr Theatre. There are no specific dates for the performances yet.
— BrooklynVegan (@brooklynvegan) June 16, 2017
2. “Imagine” was officially declared the song of the century by the National Music Publishers Association. It is also now credited as a Lennon/Ono composition.
Proudest day of my life: The National Music Publishers Association just gave the centennial (song of the century) award…
3. Bob Dylan reportedly plagiarized his acceptance speech for his Nobel Prize in Literature. Multiple phrases from the SparkNotes version of Moby-Dick were found in Dylan’s speech.
See the comparison of Bob Dylan's Nobel lecture & the SparkNotes for Moby-Dick he's accused of plagiarizing here: https://t.co/HFPgNy6dS8
— Thomas Joscelyn (@thomasjoscelyn) June 14, 2017
4. A new Stevie Nicks song, “Your Hand I Will Never Let It Go,” has been released. The song is from the upcoming movie The Book of Henry.
5. Neil Young’s Bridge School Benefit will not be held this year, due to “personal reasons.” Young founded the benefit with his ex-wife Pegi in 1986.
Neil Young’s Bridge School Benefit Concert Will Not Be Held in 2017 https://t.co/z0JWmGaX7c
— Variety (@Variety) June 14, 2017